Friday 6 March 2015

Part 6

Freedom!
Too bad Whirlwind sucked in that game. Then again it sucks as a whole in single player.

I have a bad habit forgetting that Lass when I have access to Surf.
I'm Blue by Eiffel 65 is the best fit here.
What would be the point of buying a bike then you prissy arse?


In trade for a higher encounter rate and a monotonous theme.

I wonder how many Pokemon fan fictions have Red be an emo and ride a motorbike.

All the cool stuff is expensive.

I wish my mum was more generous with the pocket money.

Poor Slowbro, it can't even use Sonicboom.

I think me and this game have had this conversation before.

I wonder how many kids leveled up their Slowbro and made it try to learn punch.
Sadly, I don't go to the church at Hearthome City and worship the ground that a Repel treads on.

What if they were still too low for the area's level curve? Then it really would be a waste of money.
I wonder how many fan hacks allow you to buy steal Rare Candy at Poke Marts.

Tough life ain't the word for single player Pokemon.

Imagine if tropers and fan fiction writers were in this game, there would be a long crowd waiting at the gym.

So that's what it is.

What a white knight!

I don't think he would gain a reputation if he just collected common ones.

Even if it meant appearing in the Pokemon anime.
Too bad Ashnites would be aiming at me with a gun if a traded a Pokemon and had no emotions about it.
The only way of getting Jynx in this game. I'll rant about her once I'm battling Lorelei.

I usually don't bother talking to this guy because the Gym Leaders will talk about the badges for you.

Invading people's gardens is fun. I'm glad parents didn't get iffy about this.

Then you should try using some better Pokemon then if you're struggling with Team Rocket of all people.
Yo! BLUE!
You'll be disappointed.

Its been a while.

So you like to fatten up the Pokemon?

Leech Seed + Poison Powder should do the job though.
I seem to be getting good luck as usual.
Abra is a rare Pokemon that only knows Teleport when you fight it. This would mean that you'll need to be pretty special in order to catch it, you'll need a few prerequisites in order to be successful. It will also just know Teleport until Level 16 when it evolves, unless you used some TMs. But DAMN this is all worth it. Its final form, Alakazam, is a god in this game. It has a very high Speed, allowing it to have almost a quarter of a chance of getting Critical Hits, it has a very high Special stat, meaning it will be bulky enough on that side in this game. Its Defense is low but it will outspeed any opposing Pokemon, meaning this wouldn't matter. It also has the kick arse Psychic type and Recover. These alone should describe what kind of broken mess Alakazam is in this game. Did I mention that you could get it at the simple level of 16?
Tier Score: S


Too bad Blue sucks at using Abra.


I will switch out to be rid of any weaknesses.
This won't last long.
Why did you hold off evolution?
This should be over in short time.
Why didn't you use Ember?
Yay! You remembered I was a Grass type, too bad the battle shall be over soon.

I bet if you won, you would be whooping about the place.

So you just see the Pokemon?
You must be very proud to know this important piece of trivia.

The most unpolite person in town tells me to thank someone. Cute.
*Ironic laughter*

The name should be a giveaway of what the prize is.

Judging by what you trainers use then yes I am.

Even those who don't have what it takes should have an easy time by now.

Yes, every trainer here shall say this.

Very serious.

The defensive one of the Nidos. Nidoqueen could just easily be a cut and paste rant on Nidoking. They have very similar positive and negative factors going for them. Although Nidoqueen is has a much more jack-of-all-trades build but sporting weaker attacking stats. The main advantage it has over Nidoking is that it can learn Body Slam at an early level to keep itself going on until it learns some of the classier TMs. Use the Nido that suits your needs better.
Tier Score: B
Hmm, I wonder.
I know, you forgot the very in between be and easy.
I wasn't kidding.
Or maybe I was.

You were very easy but you at least put up more of a fight than the other two jokers.
Yes.

I wouldn't have guessed.

A stunning twist of fate could be that the guy had a LV100 Mewtwo waiting in his belt to pummel me.
Long time no see.
Mankey is the Red equivalent to Blue's Meowth. Once again, Blue got the best of the bargain. Primeape's stats are very generic and the Attack will cause it to still be outshined by other Pokemon. Only 105 isn't anything to brag about later on. Its movepool is barren as well. Submission is an awful move, only 80% accuracy and a recoil move. The only other Physical moves it has are Dig and Rock Slide, like plenty of other Physical attackers, and Thunderbolt, lol. Primeape definitely wasn't an ape to explain and you won't be going bananas for it anytime soon.
Tier Score: D  
Damn those Karate Chop crits.
I understand the feeling.
I feel special right now. Thanks.

A $5000 jackpot.

Maybe I could make their skills better.

Team Rocket is so low that they have to resort to bribing to get their members. Good show!

I think we all know the reference. Contrary to popular belief, The Godfather has better writing than this game. There are seriously people who believe that GSC sucks, gameplay wise, because Team Rocket aren't as good. TR was never good.


I wonder if people were ever threatened by this grunt before.

You know the drill when Ivysaur gets confused by now, unless it's that embarrassing thing that happened last part.

Team Rocket must spend their time in that corner wondering where they want wrong when Pokemon training.

Maybe a 10 year old kid could run it better, not the paperwork side obviously.

Time to make camp here, we'll be a while.
I would need this for cutting.
Time begin finding an Abra to use for something.

Hopefully this won't keep up.

I'll save so the balls I spent don't go to waste.
This won't be a good time will it?

Doesn't help how Abra is kinda rare.

Because of the Nugget, I think I can get myself a few more Poke Balls.
A Teleport failure is at least a nice second chance. Too bad it won't always fly well.

This is starting to become a burden. Razor Leaf is always welcome in this game though.

Told you it will always do a Crit.

Has anyone ever had this much trouble?

I should've really trained Butterfree so it could learn Sleep Powder.

Annoying turned into flat out stupid. This isn't as intense as grinding Cloud and Barret to LV99 at the start of Final Fantasy 7 but this really isn't normal. At least the rest of the game will become miserable now this thing has those stats and that Razor Leaf.


This is so sickly with only one badge.
Will it?

Yes! After all that fucking time, I managed to catch it. And now I'm going to use it to do the Mew Glitch.
This method is unorthodox in contrast to the LV17 Slowpoke and Lavender Town way but it will still be effective.
This glitch is rather memorable so you shouldn't be told what to do. Teleporting away whilst the guy suddenly realizes you're there is amusing though. Then again I have no taste. This part will take a few tries though.

The game thought I was naughty so I had my Start button confiscated.
We instead fight this trainer.

The jokes with his hand position really do write themselves.
Horsea is another boring mono-water Pokemon. This thing's stats could've been worse but the movepool is very dull. The only things that are decent are Surf and Blizzard, like lots of other Water types. I shouldn't be bothering with this thing and you shouldn't either. Blastoise is a more flattering team member.
Tier Score: D
Shellder gets the honor of evolving into Cloyster, a Water/Ice type. Cloyster's stats are pretty solid, with the Defense being the highest in the game, and the movepool's got it where it counts. Surf is always nice, STAB Blizzard is welcome, Explosion is attractive as well, but the main thing that sticks out is Clamp. Clamp is another one of those trapping moves that works really well in single player, especially when combined with Toxic. That alone makes Cloyster a very good Pokemon to use, and it gets the stats unlike the other trapping Pokemon I've discussed. The only problem with Cloyster is that it comes late and is at the low level of 15. Unless of course you wait out until Seafoam Islands, although even then it comes at the same place as Articuno. If you can fit it in then Cloyster would serve you well despite its flaws.
Tier Score: A
Time to continue that glitch and hope that the game will forgive us for being naughty.
Uhhhhh.

Meet Mew! Because Mewtwo isn't come until the post-game, this one will take over as the best. 100 of all stats? Yes! Able to learn every move through TM? OK, now they're spoiling me. No wonder Game Freak kept this at events/as a glitch. Mew can do ANYTHING you want it to. It even gets more coverage than Alakazam whilst still having the healing move in Softboiled. Yeah Mew kicks arse but it won't be counted in due to being a glitch Pokemon. Hence why I'm being dirty and using this one. Sue me.
Tier Score: Uber 
The level is too tender for a fucking Venusaur to take down.
I wasn't expecting a 1 ball catch with regular Poke Balls and no status, can't complain.

Here is the Pokedex entry which very few will get to see unless they did the glitch. At least the Mew sprite in this game doesn't look like an embryo.

No comments:

Post a Comment